Sunday 11 May 2014

Introducing my Writing Friends - Week 3

This week - Tammy Farrell.


 
I came across Tammy on twitter several months ago. A few random tweets, a few squeals of laughter and several photographs later regarding what we thought characters from her book looked like, and we both knew we'd found a like minded soul. She is a constant source of encouragement for me and other writers, and I know we will stay friends for a very long time.
 
You can find Tammy at the following places:
 
Twitter: @TamzWrite
 
Tammy has a written an amazing book, 'The Darkness of Light', the first of the Dia Chronicles, and is due to release the second book, 'The Embers of Light', later this year.
 
 
 
THE DARKNESS OF LIGHT
 
At the dawn of the sixth century, in the aftermath of her mother’s brutal execution, Mara Black is forced to flee the only life she has ever known.
 
Mara can tell she’s different, but isn’t sure why. After she encounters two mysterious strangers, she discovers her secret is but a drop in an ocean of many. She is a Dia, a descendant of ancient gods, and her mother sacrificed herself to protect Mara from their past.
 
Summoned by an uncle she didn’t know existed, Mara thinks she’s found the family she’s always wanted, and Corbin, a love she never thought possible. But not everything is as it seems. Her uncle has other motives for protecting her, and her mentor, Malcolm, becomes so jealous, he’ll do anything to get what he wants. When tragedy strikes, and the true darkness among them comes to light, Mara discovers that sometimes love can give you everything, and obsession can take it all away. With her powers gone, and destiny calling, she has to look deep within to find the courage to save herself. Mara, along with Corbin and her newfound family, must fight to get back what was taken, or die trying.
 
My review:
 
The world Tammy has created is both fascinating and believable.

Her characters are strong, well developed individuals, and I found myself drawn into their actions and behaviour. I liked Mara, connecting with her very early on in the story, but I also like Corbin... and the late arrival of Drake.

I can't say too much without giving the plot away - but as a reader I was always willing to give Malcolm a chance - until it was too late.

Anyone debating whether to read this book should not hesitate any longer. Grab it, but make sure you have a day or two free to read it. I ignored my hubs and boys, as well as my own writing, so I could keep reading this. Couldn't put it down.

Well done Mrs Farrell - waiting for the next in the series!
 
~oOoOo~
 
The Darkness of Light is available in various formats at the following places:
 
Add to Goodreads

 
Go on - treat yourself!
 
Melody xx


No comments:

Post a Comment