Sunday 1 February 2015

CRAZY END TO JANUARY, BRILLIANT START TO FEBRUARY!

Well, what can I say, January certainly finished on a high for me and many others.



You may remember that back in November I took part in ProjectREUTSway 2014. For those of you not familiar with this writing competition let me explain: In the writing world there is something called NANOWRIMO (National November Writing Month) It's an opportunity to try and write a goal of 50,000 word throughout the month of November. I have never committed to this, as I know it would be an incredibly difficult thing for me to even attempt. REUTS publications decided to run their own version of NANOWRIMO and introduced their competition to run throughout November. A central theme is revealed before the beginning of the month and then weekly challenges announced each Sunday throughout the month. Each week you are challenged to write between 2,000 and 5,000 word, with a deadline of midnight each Thursday. So each week is like a little 'nano'. I entered three out of the four weeks this year and found out yesterday that two of my stories were finalists and the third a runner-up! I'm always surprised and thrilled when my work gets selected for publication, and incredibly excited for my writing friends who also get selected. The resulting anthology featuring, 'SANDSTORM', and 'VUK, NERINE AND THE DRAGON' and all the other fascinating stories will be published later this year. I'll let you know more about it as the year progresses. In the meantime, check out all the finalists and runners-up here: PROJECTREUTSWAY WINNERS



And then came February! A great month on the horizon for me. My debut novel will be released on February 24th, I'll be featured in an interview on February 25th, and just announced - I have a giveaway of a signed copy of Sachael Dreams and a Sachael Dreams swag pack available on goodreads. There's only one book up for grabs and it could be yours - so if you fancy a copy dedicated to the person of your choice and a personal message from me, PLUS all the SD Goodies I'm currently busy making, then head over here to goodreads SD Giveaway, or press the link on the top right side bar and it'll take you straight there.

Come on! What are you waiting for?

See you soon

Melody xx

No comments:

Post a Comment