Friday 25 October 2013

On-line

I wanted to start this month with a visual that I have had taken rather a lot of inspiration from this week. I'm currently writing the third book in the series and a certain Sachael has become the focus of attention - this is who I picture when I write.
 
 


There is such a lot happening for me at the moment. Things seem to have stepped up a gear or two in the last week, and that's mainly thanks to people I'm meeting through my twitter account.

I never used to have a twitter account. I shied away from it. I didn't understand it and never wanted to. That was until I was forced to have a serious think about my on-line presence. Websites, Blogs, facebook, twitter, Pinterest, tumbler ARGHHHH! It was all too much.

I took the plunge with my website and claimed the name of the blog you are currently reading even though I had no intention of using it for some time. It just felt safer to have it ready and waiting.

How things have changed. My followers on twitter are growing steadily, I have a blog that I will continue to post on every Friday, I have a facebook account (That, I admit, I very rarely visit) And just this week, I set up a Pinterest for Sachael Dreams. I am still holding back on tumbler.

It's easy to think that nobody bothers to read what I write, tweet or post, but I have come to the conclusion that if only a handful of people read my ramblings then I'm reaching someone. Maybe the day will come when I get inundated with people following or commenting or looking my name up, but I'm not here for that. I'm here for people to follow my writing journey. Each and everyone of you that I talk to, interact with and generally freak out with is important. You are part of my journey and touch me with your words and suggestions. You all know who you are, but I want to thank you here. Barbara, Krystel, Claire, Denise, Summer, and last but not least the people who are REUTS.

Links:

Melody Winter Website

Pinterest - Sachael Dreams

Melody Winter Twitter

REUTS

No comments:

Post a Comment