Friday 8 November 2013

ProjectREUTSway

The first challenge of the ProjectREUTSway was announced last Sunday and the closing date for submissions was last night. The theme for the challenges, running throughout November have to be based on stories published by the Grimm Brothers, Hans Christan Andersen, or any 'fairy' story that has been adapted into a Disney movie.

The title of this weeks challenge was 'Bloody Ever After', and bloodsuckers of some kind had to feature.

I wrote a story called, 'Ugly Beautiful', based on 'The Ugly Duckling', by Hans Christian Andersen. Hopefully it will do well and make it into the final anthology that Reuts Publications will publish. But, there is strong competition out there and I'm sure some excellent stories. We'll just have to wait and see.

If 'Ugly Beautiful' isn't selected for the anthology then I shall publish it on here, and on my website so that you can all have a read.

Those that know me, know I love good visuals when I am writing. There are several pictures featured on Melody Winter Pinterest if you want to see the pictures I used while writing 'Ugly Beautiful'. But here are three that were very inspiring.

Until next week

Melody xxx


 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment